I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Wise Choices

Day 222

I went grocery shopping today. That really is always something I'm grateful for. I'm grateful to have food. I'm grateful to have food so readily available at so many stores. I'm grateful that I can be a smart shopper and get better deals. And I'm grateful I have an income and not so many things hanging over me that I can actually afford food! Of course, today had me all over the place getting groceries. I needed to buy a lot of produce, and wanted to go to the most inexpensive place with it. But then I couldn't find particular items I needed, so I tried a couple of other places. Indeed, I was so running around that I skipped the last store I intended to go to and postponed it (and its sale) for the weekend.

I am happy to say I found the items I need, and I now have a new "I love this store!" Whole Foods. No. I'm not going into the stereotype of a vegetarian, vegan, organic, what-not kind of person. (For there is a stereotype, and I've known many and was shopping with them while I was there!) But after having a friend who now has Celiac disease, or a friend whose brother just learned he is allergic to diary, it is nice to have stores that offer the options needed to accommodate these people. But not only did I find dairy free cream cheese, but I also found flaxseed! I've been looking in all the stores I've gone to and could never find it. I also found some fabulously healthy cereal--3 for $5. Happy day! As well as something I can use for healthy treats--on sale--that will last me over 2 weeks even if I were to splurge and have one a day! There was also a kind lady in line behind me who saw I was buying those treats and handed the cashier a coupon for me to use. So nice!!! I just felt so good and happy in that store. And I smiled to think that when finances are even happier, I would do even more of my shopping there (you should have seen all of the cheeses and olives they had there!).

So today I am grateful that I followed the prompting to finally try a store that will give me affordable healthy options when I cannot find them elsewhere.

Today's Smile: The lady I kept passing in one of the stores. Not that it was anything I did to make her smile. But just that every time we walked by each other, we smiled. I love smiling at people when I'm out and about, and I love it when they smile at me!

Today's Something New: I started reading another nonfiction book that is part of my reading challenge. It deals with nine cases throughout history of things that went missing (pharoah's, cities, etc.) I learned little tidbits that I would not have known before, and was fascinated by one group's recreation of a bamboo boat and its voyage across the Pacific Ocean. I don't typically bother myself with "what ever happened to..." mysteries because they are not vital to my salvation. But they are still very interesting and it is nice other people have the curiosity and gumption to research and try to find answers.

No comments: