I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Not Just For Me Alone

Day 226

I attended a Fireside where Sister E. Smart was the speaker. It was amazing, and one I was grateful to hear. It was not so much that her information was new to me. It was that I could agree to everything she said. That her testimony and use of the Atonement, peace, faith, the Gospel were what I have done and can testify of myself.

Sometimes it is nice to know I'm not alone and that many of us share backgrounds of trials (no matter how great or small, big or little) that are all things we can grow from and let go of the pain because of our Savior--and I am grateful for my Savior's power of that and for the testimony of it from other witnesses.

Today's Smile: The people in the ward that some of YSAs went to and sang a special musical number for them. In spite of our few numbers and the mistakes we made, the Spirit was there, the message was felt, and the members were happy to have us.

Today's Something New: A&E documentaries have given me all sorts of snippets of historical things I did not know about Venice, the Forbidden City, and such. Interesting.

No comments: