I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, August 12, 2011

The Ultimate Night

Day 224

I played ULTIMATE!!!! It has been so long. The last time that I can remember, I had a decent-sized headache and was only able to play a few minutes before we decided to go inside. And that was over a year ago. A shame. It was great to have my friends put together a time to play. Even though I had been fighting a headache all week long, I was determined to go. I wanted physical exertion. I wanted to have a social opportunity. I wanted to play my favorite sport! And not only did I get to play (rather blind mind you, as I'm out of contacts) and make a couple of I-can't-believe-I-caught-that! catches, but I also stayed afterwards and visited and played a game and laughed so hard my throat was sore. It was fabulous.

I'm so grateful the Lord gave me an opportunity for such a wonderfully fun evening--and strongly prompted me to go.

Today's Smile: All of the teens who came to the End of Summer Pizza Party. They seemed to enjoy the movie. They definitely loved the pizza. And they liked being able to choose something from the Prize Table. It was nice to give them a fun afternoon as their summer winds up.

Today's Something New: I have begun to add ground flaxseed to my diet. But I was curious as to its claims of health benefits--particularly related to my diseases. So I did some research. Everything I learned was new to me. Interesting. I am curious to see if I will notice any obvious benefits. We'll see!

No comments: