I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Silver Linings

Day 82

Some days it is hard to find the positive. Not that there weren't any positive, happy things--because there were so many! But because you end the day so tired, grouchy, worn out, stressed and not sure if you're able to face the next day, even after a night's rest. Plus, it's the one-year anniversary of your grandfather's death and some times you just miss him--you regret so much that you didn't get a chance for while he was on this earth with you.

It is those times that I am grateful that my life is fairly simple, not overly complicated, and that most of my stress is a very rewarding stress. That I am tired because I am working so hard at a job I enjoy and that I've been reassured I am doing well at. That I'm only grouchy because I need sleep, which will come soon in a home that provides shelter and a wonderful bed. That I'm worn out, but more fulfilled from work than I've been in over two years. That I know where my grandfather is, and that he still has an opportunity to choose the Savior's Gospel, and that he can know in heaven if he didn't know on earth how much I love him and am grateful for all that he did and who he was in this life.

Yes. It is the tough times when you look at the not-so-great things and make them your best friends. (That's related to an article I read in the Ensign this week, and I really liked it, so I'm kind of adding it here in my own twist!)

No comments: