I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Here I Can Turn for Peace

Day 84


“World peace, though a lofty goal, is but an outgrowth of the personal peace each individual seeks to attain. I refer not to the peace promoted by man, but peace as promised of God. I speak of peace in our homes, peace in our hearts, even peace in our lives. Peace after the way of man is perishable. Peace after the manner of God will prevail.”

Thomas S. Monson, "Finding Peace,” Ensign, Mar. 2004, 2

What a perfect quote for today, as I have so much peace in my life and every day I am very much grateful for that! Yes, my life is filled with stress and punctuated by moments of sorrow or turmoil. But for months now I have been very at peace in my heart and in my life. (I suppose I could say in my home, too....)

And a day like today has been so far, it is just a strengthening of that peace. I sometimes forget how much I love the drive between my library branch and another in the system. This week I began storytimes at the downtown branch, which means once I week I also do the book delivery to all 3 branches. It is the perfect time of year, and perfect day to be making that trip out in the country. Bright and sunny, everything beginning to grow. Absolutely beautiful. So much so that as soon as I got back, I took my lunch and took my walk to try and soak up as much of the beauty as I could. When I returned, my co-worker commented that it's too bad we can't work outside. Oh, so true. Imagine how much more we would all happily be getting done if we could embrace the gifts from heavenly Father even more.

Well, at least I had a part in it. And will have many, many more beautiful, peaceful days to enjoy in my life. It's a wonderful thing!
(Oh yeah--and one extremely happy thing to add today: I backed up the delivery van...twice! I am so unskilled as a driver, and I was nervous about this all week. But I did it and I'm awesome! Yay!!!!)

No comments: