I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

"Safely to arrive at home"

Day 61

I thought this might be a harder day to try to find something to be grateful for. I felt like crying almost the entire day. Good things still happening. But I have an emotional overload that wants out. And I'm too busy to find the time even for that! So what I found to be grateful for was that I made it home safely. Earlier than expected (and no forewarning) snowstorms began. A slushy snow with thick accumulations, no road visibility, 3 horrible accidents, and very very slow driving. My typical 20 minute drive home from Institute was only about 45. So not bad at all, though I think my hands were rather clutched to the steering wheel. Even my put-on confidence of snow driving was put to its test in this sudden thing. (And still no advisories issued for my city--where the snow is worst!)

So, I am very grateful that I had an audiobook to keep me from thinking scarier thoughts, and a car that worked and stayed on the road, and a wonderful home that I could come home to.

No comments: