I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Have I Done Any Good?

Day 83

There are those days at work when you are busy non-stop and you reach the end somehow wondering if you even accomplished anything. It's a silly wonderment, as everyone who watched you run around all over (and talk to yourself quite a bit!) could attest to the fact that you did plenty.

Maybe it's because it feels that it wasn't important.

But that's just because you are looking at things through the wrong set of eyes--someone else's. Look with your own and you will know the truth.

Or maybe it's because in quick summary you only worked on a couple of tasks when it seems others did multiple, completed them, and are still going at it.

But on closer inspection you see that each of your tasks consisted of at least 10 or more parts. And that what you completed was successful. And that comparing your tasks to another's tasks is completely unfair to everybody.

Then again, maybe it's because in description it sounds like it was a mere trifle, and why are you complaining when there are others doing much harder, more strenuous work?

But in reality you remember (again) that you shouldn't be comparing because each job is different, each task is different, and each person handles tasks and jobs differently.

So if you want to feel like nothing was accomplished because you listen to so much of what the world wants to say, then you can. Or you can look at your talents, strengths, and abilities and see where you did all you could do, as well as know that you were helped to reach a little closer to your potential.

And that to those to whom it matters, what you've done is greatly significant. How can I not be grateful for that?



(And, yes, there are spiritual applications to this post, too.)


No comments: