I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Often Go Walking

Day 69

I will never be able to tell you how utterly and blissfully marvelous my ability to go for a walk at lunch was today. Because

1) I was able to step away from my work desk and have a real lunch hour. (Most of my lunch hours since starting the new position have been spent taking care of new position stuff.)

2) I was physically able to walk. Shins weren't sore from Saturday's 2.5 mile run. Stomach did not keep me from walking. In fact, I walked a pretty good pace and worked up the ol' heart rate.

3) I was able to take along a cassette audio book and have my eyes free (which doesn't happen when I walk with a print book) to look around at the beautiful sky, clouds, river, grassy expanse, and more.

4) I was able to walk in some of the most beautiful weather I could have seen after the last 9 weeks of weather we have experienced. I could not breathe in deeply enough. I could not soak in the sun enough. I could not enjoy the gentle breeze enough. Indeed, at times I just wanted to stand there to take it all in. But that would have defeated the whole keep-moving and work-up-heart-rate thing.

And my walk was just one wonderful thing that happened today, for this evening was a joy to have dinner (and some chatting) with a friend, and then learn a new crochet pattern together.

I love my happy life!

No comments: