I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, June 29, 2015

Gospel Message Day 278

Gratitude, Part 2

The root of the word gratitude is grat, which comes from the Latin word gratus which means "pleasing" or "thankful." I like the connection that can be made in the knowledge that our being thankful is pleasing unto our Father in Heaven. I also think it is a perfect correlation that those who are grateful have a pleasing demeanor about them. They are pleasing to be around because grateful people generally are not selfish or full of pride. I would like to be such a pleasing person to be around.

No comments: