I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Gospel Message Day 275

Heavenly Family, Part 2

Interesting that this is the topic I drew during these days that such a decision was made in Court. I've been thinking about this topic, and the Primary song they wrote a few years ago fits perfectly with my current thoughts:



Our Heavenly Family is the perfect example and pattern of families. It's how we should have our earthly families--father, mother, brothers and sisters. Kindness. Working together. Building each other up and supporting each other. Bringing each other happiness. This is why I believe that God gave us families. And with what has occurred today, then I must state my belief that for a family to best grow so that we can become what Heavenly Father wants us to be, it requires a male father and a female mother as parents who work together to raise their children.

I believe in a wise Heavenly Father who loves each of His children, and who wants each of us to grow the best we can and return to Him. Our wise Father knows our decisions in this life have to be ours, and the consequences of our choices will be ours. But He won't leave us to figure it out on our own or to go through it alone. He has outlined the best way for us to not be on our own--a family. I believe in His way, and I will continue to uphold it, live it, and aspire to it.

No comments: