I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Gospel Message Day 262

Random Gospel Thoughts

I'm not really sure what else to write about with the Second Coming. Everything I know I got from the scriptures. And I listed at least some of the Bible references and later referred to a couple in the other works of scripture. But there is not much else that I can put into my own words. I only know what I have read and been taught from the scriptures, and that the Spirit testifies to me it will occur. Beyond that, I don't think I could say it any better. So I felt it was all right to move on. But I'm just not up for a new topic.

I thought I was over things. Yesterday I made a proclamation that I was done and moving on, but it was more of a motivational speech for myself. Which didn't really work. I was in such a bad/angry mood all the day before I realized I was just kidding myself. Because I'm still frustrated. And a bit annoyed. And really, really hurt. And disappointed. All of it coming together in one great summary: I am discouraged. So, it helped that just now, I was scrolling through my Facebook feed and saw an acquaintance post this:
I love President Hinckley. He was in prominent Church leadership positions all of my life until he passed away. I connected with him. Nothing he has ever said has steered me wrong. And his words have always brought comfort. Especially in the last couple of days. Yesterday I was reading his book "Stand a Little Taller," and these quotes especially right now hit home for me:

"Of course there will be some problems along the way. There will be difficulties to overcome. But they will not last forever. He will not forsake you."

"Look above your trials. Try to forget your own pains as you work to alleviate the pain of others. Mingle together with your brothers and sisters in the Gospel. We need others to talk with and to share our feelings and faith. Cultivate friends. Begin by being a good friend to others. Share your burdens with the Lord."

I love all the words of our prophets. But I can guarantee that whenever I need an uplifting message on any topic, I will find it from our dear President Hinckley. quotes

No comments: