I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Gospel Message Day 263

More Random Gospel Thoughts

Even though I know the Lord is ever mindful of me and loves me, He continues every day to remind me of this. Yesterday I spoke of how the Spirit led me to words of comfort. He keeps the comfort coming, as well as the counsel.

Today I got to attend two missionary homecomings--one of my cousin, and one in my ward for a young man I knew in our ward for a year before he left, and know his mother as well. In both of their talks I was reminded that my desire and my path are the same--to serve my God by serving His children. Listening to their stories, especially the returned elder, I was reminded again that my trials are rather trivial. They are difficult for me, as each of our trials are "attuned" to our own personal weaknesses and where we need to grow or can most/best learn patience, faith, strength, trust, etc. We are not to compare, but we can still gain perspective. And in spite of this awful time, it's not as bad as I have experienced before. And my life is so richly and greatly blessed. Perspective of what the elder saw and served on his mission is a reminder that I have more than I deserve. I can handle this one upsetting, discouraging part of life, coupled with the intense stress that life is adding to it, which will most certainly pass. I've dealt with if all these year already. I can deal with it until the Lord sees fit that I've learned what I need to, gained what I need to.

No comments: