I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Gospel Message Day 266

Pollyanna Intervention

I've been tired AND stressed which is never a good combo for my behavior. I have much less patience, which means I may not be as kind or polite as I could be. I am in my work, but then my co-workers hear me whine, complain, vent--and none of those are kind or polite. Overall, I'm just not very cheerful. And the Conference talk we studied today was Elder Bednar's in which he mentioned:
Even as we encounter difficulties and face the uncertainties of the future, we can cheerfully persevere and live a “peaceable life in all godliness and honesty” (1 Timothy 2:2).
In spite of all I have learned over the years in regards to cheerfulness, and one of my favorite scriptures being Doctrine & Covenants 123:17 (Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the salvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed), I still need to be reminded that I need to be cheerful.

So I decided a little bit of Pollyanna-ing is in order.
*I may not have been able to walk today from extreme leg soreness, but at least it wasn't my abs--I've sneezed so much today that I would have been in severe pain from that.
*I look ridiculous walking right now, and my legs randomly give out on occasion, but I always love the feeling that I've worked my muscles well. A reminder that they do work, and a joy that I am getting stronger and changing their shape.
*Kool-Aid playdough in storytime. Such a mess, but such fun and the kids liked if
*Not planning but conveniently doing the 2 messiest activities of the summer on consecutive days. With the messes overlapping, it made it a little less time/effort in cleaning up the mess.
*Getting the things done that I need to with YSRT, ILEAD, etc. One day at a time. It's not the most effective way for me to work at my best, but it helps me get all I need done. And right now, that's all that is needed.
*Two great co-workers who have been so patient during all my venting frustrations without judging me. I already knew I needed to behave better. And they were just supportive by being there and knowing I'll be better soon.
*Though not all the time I'd like to read, I'm in the middle of 3 very interesting books.
*Got to go to Institute tonight. Always a plus.
*I have a trimmer and I've been using it. In stages, because the battery keeps running out. (Lots of weeds to get through on this first round.)
*The fans in my home. They help so much when one keeps the A/C at 84 degrees.
*I randomly woke up just before 5 this morning. Not my typical drowsy, but an all-out wide-awake. While I would much more have preferred to be sleeping, I had a moment to look outside and see how beautiful and peaceful it was. Hearing the birds chirping before the construction vehicles across the street started up. The calm peace I long for in longer doses. It was nice to glimpse it.
*Realizing that my national band & choir had graduated in social media--and was on Facebook AND YouTube. (Hilarious and memory-inducing to see portions of our Bus Videos.)
*Food. I like having it. I am grateful I have some, too.
*Seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. It's a really long tunnel, but the light is there.

No comments: