I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, June 15, 2015

Gospel Message Day 264

Jesus - Leader

Our Savior is so many things, but one I think we sometimes forget to talk about is how He is a leader.  Or at least mix up with Him being an Exemplar. But a leader is one who guides, directs, and commands a group of people, not just sets an example for them.

So, in one case, Christ is the Head and thus highest Leader of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

But He is also a leader for all the world--for all who have lived and will yet live on the Earth. Christ is a leader for all of God's children. Heavenly Father wants all of His children to return to Him, so He appointed His Only Begotten Son to be the one to lead us back home. As with any leader, there will be some who choose not to follow, who will disobey, who will falter, who will fail, who will grumble. But many who make these mistakes in following their leader will repent and return to following Him. And in his great mercy and kindness, every one of us has innumerable chances to repent and return to following Him.

No comments: