I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, June 8, 2015

Gospel Message Day 257

Prophets of God, Part 3

I've heard in some of my classes in Church the following scenario:

A person is learning about our Church, and they learn that we have living prophets today, the way they did in Old and New Testament times. And the person asks the Church member, "so what do they say today?" and the Church member doesn't know what to answer.

I think I first heard this scenario when I was in Seminary. I've heard it a few times since in other settings, and it still hits home each time I hear it. I don't ever want to be someone who believes in living prophets, but does not know what they are teaching me. I cherish the words I hear from them in General Conference, and in firesides, and where ever else I can hear them. I try to study their words so that they may stay in my mind, sink into my heart, and be reflected in my actions. Their words are living scriptures for our day, and they truly help me know that I am not alone on this journey of life. The Lord is mindful of me and every one else, and wants to make sure we have guidance specific to our day and our situations.

No comments: