I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, June 22, 2015

Gospel Message Day 271

Temples, Part 4

I shared this song on my most recent temple anniversary. I felt it should be shared again, as it has been on my mind as I've contemplated this topic.

Ever since I first heard it my 3rd year in Seminary, it perfectly summed up how I felt about the temple. I immediately loved this song and ached for the Seminary soundtrack so I could listen to it over and over again. Over the years, as I've received my own saving ordinances in the temple and been able to serve more people and in more ways, the song has brought more meaning and application with time.
 

Lyrics:
Heaven’s light flows through the windows,
warming even walls of stone.
In the refuge of the temple
I find strength beyond my own.
Chorus
I can feel the pow’r of Heaven as I stand on holy ground,
And the spirit whispers what I long to learn.
Eyes are touched with understanding
I can see beyond this world.
It’s the place I reach for Heaven and it reaches in return.

Filled with purpose, filled with power,
Granted gifts to lift the world.
In God’s house and in his presence I am filled with strength to serve. 

Text:  Steven Kapp Perry
Music:  Steven Kapp Perry
Arranged By:  Greg Hansen
Artist:  Tammy Simister Robinson
When I see a picture of a temple, I am reminded of light, refuge, strength, power, holiness, understanding, purpose, gifts, service, and returning home to Heavenly Father. When I see a temple in person, I can feel those things. When I enter into a temple, I know and experience them.
To me, there is no wonderment to why I love temples so much. Yet I feel like I will never be able to describe or explain enough the love and joy I have for temples and all they hold, offer, and represent. 

No comments: