I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, June 25, 2015

Gospel Message Day 274

Heavenly Family

We believe that every one who has lived or will live on earth is a spirit child of Heavenly Father. Of course, the means we have a Heavenly Mother as well. I always loved the line in the hymn "O My Father:"
In the heav'ns are parents single?
No, the thought makes reason stare!
Truth is reason; truth eternal
Tells me I've a mother there.

So, if we are their children, then we are all each others' brothers and sisters. Now, I've had some of my biggest fights and arguments and disagreements and misunderstandings with my earthly siblings. Some may wonder why any one would want to preserve and cherish a relationship full of that. What they don't understand is that there is so much more to those relationships. My earthly siblings helped me create my identity while also getting to know who I am. They gave me some of the best memories of my life. They taught me that life is full of joy no matter what occurs around me because they helped me find that joy. 

I cherish all that I have gained with my siblings. Should we not use that as a pattern with our heavenly siblings? I believe we should try to get past the misunderstandings, disagreements, and so on, and work together on those other things, especially teaching each other to find joy in life. Because that's what a family is for.

No comments: