I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, January 30, 2015

Gospel Message Day 128

Postmortal Spirit World, An Unexpected Part 2

I had my 3rd Comic Con today. Only get to enjoy 1 day of the 3, but that's OK. Still glad I got to be a part of it. And I was thinking this evening of a connection. I love being among so many of these people who are excited about some of the same things I'm excited about. We talk about the actors' talents and skills; we gush over storylines and story arcs in shows and movies; we repeat our favorite humorous parts to each other; we get all teary-eyed over our favorite sad and emotional parts. So when we immediately connect over these things, it is no wonder that there is such excitement, anticipation, giddiness, awe, nervousness, and sense of the surreal and unbelievable when we wait together in line to meet people who helped bring these individually shared experiences to us.

As odd a connection as it may seem to you, today I thought of what it might be like when we are waiting to meet our Savior and our Heavenly Father again. I imagine it will be MUCH more reverent than celebrity lines at Comic Con. :-) But I believe the excitement, anticipation, giddiness, awe, nervousness, and maybe even sense of the surreal will attend us. I think it will for me. I look forward to that day so much. I mean, today I met an actress who has been a part of my entire life. Her movies have been around longer than I have been alive. And when we used to play Star Wars in our child games, I was always Leia. I wanted my mother to fix my hair like hers in 1st grade. (Didn't quite turn out, but I was still so pleased that I could emulate her in some way.) I portrayed her in high school in a ward/stake roadshow. I attempted another Leia costume just 2 years ago (another failure, but I plan to achieve it some time). The excitement was pretty strong.

But to meet my Redeemer again? To be with my Father again? These two whom I knew long before my life here on earth. The two who know me better than any one else ever could. I have longed to see them again ever since I left their presence. Their existence and influence have had the greatest impact on my life than anything else. So the excitement to see them again? Beyond what I can describe. When it finally arrives, I may be bursting inside. More so than ever I could with mere celebrities.

So, yes, today I met a couple of famous people and will always be excited and giddy that I did. But it will never match the anticipation and joy related to the most important Meet-and-Greet I will ever experience in this life or the next.

No comments: