I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Gospel Message Day 112

Personal Revelation, Part 3

Today's experiences go perfectly with the current topic. Because often personal revelation comes when you weren't expecting it but were ready and spiritually in tune for it to take place. I've been having some rough days lately. Sunday's Pollyanna post might have given you an idea of that. I was floundering for a bit, and I wasn't sure why. I wasn't sure what to do to move on. My thoughts were running around in the possible directions I could go. But nothing was sticking. (Generally known as a stupor of thought.) I've had a bit of a migraine the last 24 hours. When I woke, I wasn't sure how much I would be able to make it through the day. The biggest worry was that I wouldn't make it to Institute at the end of the day, and I really felt I needed to be there.

Well, the Lord helped me healthwise to make it through and feel up for it. And for a good reason. His answers were waiting for me in our lesson, and the comments shared. The direction and actions were things I could have eventually come up with on my own. Indeed, some of them I had, but I hadn't gotten the mindset and will behind it all to actually act on them. But as I heard what was said in class, the Spirit whispered to me the truths I needed, which helped to build my desire and resolve.

And that's the basics of personal revelation: comfort, guidance, direction, and reassurance at the time and in the way that will best reach us.

No comments: