I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, January 19, 2015

Gospel Message Day 116

Holy Ghost

A most daunting topic indeed. I'll do a bit of an introduction of sorts this first day. The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. In the LDS Church, we believe that the Godhead is three separate beings. Heavenly Father and the Savior have bodies, but the Holy Ghost is a personage of spirit.

The Holy Ghost is also referred to as the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit, Spirit of the Lord, and the Comforter. I tend to usually say the Spirit.

The Spirit's main purpose is to testify that Jesus is the Christ. He has other roles, such as comforting us. He also inspires us and guides us. Basically, the Spirit is how the Savior reaches out to us as He would do if He were with us on earth today.

No comments: