I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Gospel Message Day 106

Obedience, Part 3

New Testament scriptures on obedience!
Matthew 8:27
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!
Matthew 26:39
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
Luke 11:28
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
John 8:29
And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him
John 15:10
If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father’s commandments, and abide in his love.
Acts 5:29
Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.
Romans 5:19
For as by one man’s disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.
Hebrews 5:8-9
Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered; And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him
1 Peter 4:17
For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

I love these. There is counsel (and warning) about us being obedient and what might happen if we do not. (Really like the Romans scripture about how obedience or lack thereof affects others.) There are also examples of how the Savior was obedient. The Savior was unfailingly obedient. He did not always find it easy, but he did so willingly, sincerely, and full of love. In this He is yet another example of how we should be.

No comments: