I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Gospel Message Day 111

Personal Revelation, Part 2

Personal revelation can come in more than one form. This is pretty fantastic, because it can come in ways that will reach us better. The Lord knows us. He knows what will resonate with us the most in each individual situation of our lives.

I have received revelation through the written word (spiritual as well as secular), from hearing others speak (formally or informally), from my own feelings or thoughts. I also receive revelation through music. Music can speak to me as nothing else can, and often helps me feel the Spirit faster and/or deeper than anything else. The Lord wants to help us however He can, so He will use what tools are available to reach us as best as He can. To me, that's what truly makes the revelation personal--how the Lord chooses to speak to us.

No comments: