I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, January 26, 2015

Gospel Message Day 124

Holy Ghost, Part 9

I have an 'I Need to Cry' playlist on my iTunes. There are many people who do not understand why I have such a list. But I know why. I know how sometimes my emotions can get so built up and crazy and angry and hurt and confused and frustrated. And they need out. There will be no peace or comfort until all those emotions are vented. And honestly. I prefer crying as a method of ventation rather than whining, complaining, or some other angry, bitter outlet. But for some reason I can't explain, I'm not always able to just release those emotions in tears. Something has to help me along.

And for me, that something is the music the Spirit used to reach me. There are certain songs in which I will always feel the Spirit, whether because of their message, or the musicality, or from a previous experience I've had that I will never be able to separate from the song. I compiled those songs into a playlist. And whenever crying ventation needs to occur and needs a little help, I play that playlist. And the Spirit will at some point will use a song to touch me. And the release will come. And the comfort from the Spirit will inevitable flow in.

I've very often had the Spirit do this with a song when I'm not playing the playlist. This has happened frequently with a song on the radio. And even more so when I'm playing any song from my iTunes library. It's one reason I always play things on shuffle. I want the Spirit to be able to have some kind of control to bring up what it knows will help me, even if I don't realize I need it or haven't been ablt to ask for it, yet. (Often those are the songs that will end up on the playlist!) I just like to have the playlist so I can give the Spirit a hand. Because it has a full-time job with having to worry and deal with comforting me. Add on the rest of the world? HUGE job. So, I don't mind creating a more accessible tool for the Spirit to use to come to my aid.

And if you're curious what some of the songs on my playlist are, here's just a smidgen of the (currently) 82 of them:
My Kindness Shall Not Depart from Thee
Savior, Redeemer of My Soul
Unchained Melody
Just Let Me Cry
What Makes You Stay
She
My Immortal
To Make You Feel My Love
The Reason
I'm Not That Girl
Smile
You are Loved

No comments: