I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Gospel Message Day 105

Obedience, Part 2

Some scriptures for the 2nd day of this topic. There are a slew of them! Let's break it down by book of scripture. Today I'll do the Old Testament.

Exodus 19:5
Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:
Leviticus 26:3
If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them
Deuteronomy 30:20
That thou mayest love the Lord thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days: that thou mayest dwell in the land which the Lord sware unto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob, to give them.
Jeremiah 7:23
But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you.
Isaiah 1:19
If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
And the people said unto Joshua, The Lord our God will we serve, and his voice will we obey.

People think that the God of the Old Testament was a harsh, judging God. But He was no such thing. He gave commandments to be followed and promised that obedience to those commands would bring profound blessings and support--beyond what we could imagine and certainly more than we deserve. (No, the Lord never said that last part, but it is what I have come to learn for myself.) If people disobeyed, then the consequences He set had to come in play. (And wow--people disobeyed a lot in the scriptures!) So the best thing to do is be obedient and then we'll be blessed.


No comments: