I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Missing

Day 352

My last Saturday to work. Well, no. Certainly not my last Saturday to work. In fact, I'll be working more at my next job. But it's my last one for this job. I feel the official "countdown" beginning.

There is a great sorrow for me in this. I have made many wonderful friends among co-workers and patrons at this job. I have gained so much experience. I have established myself within the system. Everyone knows me and I know (almost) everyone else. It will be 2 weeks shy of my 3-year mark. The longest job I have ever held straight through (outside of newspapers). I will miss so much about this job, and the people I serve and serve with.

This new opportunity at "a new life" holds excitement if anything for the fact at how positive it all is and how the Lord's hand has been in and a part of it. And the excitement is building as the countdown gets smaller. And as the health gets better. And as the So Many Things to Do start getting done. The smiles are more. The nervous wondering and hopes increase. The ideas and dreams of what the near and far future hold for me. The joy of something new. The ability for me to make the change instead of the change happening to me. The fulfillment of many spoken and unspoken prayers.

I just don't want anyone to get anything wrong.

Yes. I am excited and grateful for this new job.

Yes. I am excited and grateful for new opportunities.

Yes. I am excited and grateful for this new place to live.

But, no. I am not happy to leave my current job. There will be tears. There will be times of missing and longing for it. Because I have come to love so much about it and a part of me does not want to leave.

Yet personal circumstances require me to move on. It will not be easy. Indeed, it will be rather painful. But it is necessary.

But I am grateful that the Lord blessed me so much for the last 3 years to have the job, co-workers, patrons, and experiences that I have had.


No comments: