I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, December 12, 2010

All kinds

Day 346

So, I suppose I can't mention the music and Christmas thing two days in a row, even if we had devotionals two days in a row. Well, while tonight's was great, too, I shall pick something else.

I got to wear my "all-purpose formal" today. I picked it for its lovely green. (One of my very favorite shades of green, by the way.) My mother gave me this dress for Christmas 11 years ago. I wore it to my high school prom, and my Freshman homecoming, and to scads of future formal and semi-formal events afterwards (like watching "Wicked" last year). I love this dress, but don't always have the occasion to wear it as I'd like. Considering only 2 sisters wore green in yesterday's devotional, I thought I'd don this lovely, Christmasy green and add to the numbers of my favorite color. And it is not so formal that it isn't church appropriate. Though I suppose it stood out enough considering the many comments I got on it! Yet those comments were very nice to hear and made me so happy that this dress I love can still be lovely and modest and elegant.

I also received a lovely comment from an older friend I haven't seen in a few months. He asked if I had lost weight. Some may be offended by that, but I certainly wasn't. Not after all of the work I've put into that this past year. And as I'm coming up on my 1st SparkPeople anniversary in a couple of days, I was very happy to reflect on these positive, happifying, and positive changes that I've made. I've lost inches all over, dropped 1-2 clothing sizes (depending on the clothing item), and lost 15 pounds. That is one happy and successful year! And there's always more to come. So it felt very nice that someone noticed and commented.

Singing, a lovely dress, and a happy reflection on a great change in my life make this day pretty complete in gratitude and joy!

No comments: