I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, December 13, 2010

I'm Dreaming

Day 347

I woke up and thought I heard rain outside as I read my scriptures. Well, so much for the snow we were supposed to get the day before. Oh well. I've gotten used to not really getting snow--even though this is the time of year I love it most. Yeah. Not during official winter. Just around Christmas. It has to be a growing-up-in-the-mountains thing, with a little bit of Oh-the-nostalgia-I-think-I'm-going-to-cry whenever I hear "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas."

So imagine my happy surprise to walk out of my room and see out of my roommate's window:

Trees covered in snow!!

Things felt so festive and happy with the snow falling down.

I'm not in whole agreement about them closing my library early. I mean, come on--it was one inch on the grass and nothing on the streets! Sure these people can't even drive in rain, but, but..... Oh well.

If it doesn't snow on Christmas, I'll be all right--'cause I had this loveliness at the time my heart was so ready for it!

No comments: