I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Believe

Day 359

It is Christmas!!!!! I love this day--whether I am with others or, like this year again, I am not. Because while family and friends add to the celebrations, joys, and traditions, it is not what makes Christmas.

Christmas is my Savior. Christmas is my wonderful Heavenly Father giving His Son to and for each of us. Christmas is the Atonement which saves me and allows me the chance to return to my home in heaven. It is not where I am or who I am with.

Christmas is believing in my Savior, and what I do to remember Him and keep His commandments.

A scripture I love which happened to be part of this week's scripture study:

"Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend.

"And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things see that ye do them."

No comments: