I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Joy & Gratitude

Day 360

It has been a very, very snowy day.

I've been loving it! Lots of snow, and barely anyone going out to mar it by driving or anything. The back lot behind the apartments is off limits to anyone, so it is still completely untouched.

And absolutely, gorgeously breath-taking!

I love it. I love new-fallen snow. Lots of it.

The world covered in white always makes me think of the Savior.

Which right now reminds me of my birthday gift (aka promise) to Him. I've been thinking throughout the day on what mine should be for this upcoming year. But it also put me in mind of what it has been this past year--writing down a joy/gratitude every day. I think my original intention was that I believed doing so would help me in recounting the Lord's tender mercies, cultivating a more positive attitude, and not just being more grateful but also acknowledging my gratitude and for what I the gratitude was for.

I was not wrong, and because of that I know even more that this promise was inspired by the Lord. This was one of the most uplifting, best kept, and most obviously rewarding promise I have yet given my Savior. Months ago I thought about continuing on. I've tried this recording in my gratitude journal, and was successful in spurts at various times. But something about putting it here--where any one could read it and thus making me more accountable in completing the task. It has made so many differences in my life.

And the promise overall has been one immense Joy and Gratitude for the entire year.

No comments: