I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Still Going

Day 155

I "found" a new place for running that is just ideal!

Around a lake.

-Can't get lost
-Easy to track distance
-Lots of others to pass by and nod or say hello to
-Open and easy
-Some shade
-Scenic
-No traffic (at least, no cars that I have to worry about running over me unless one sails off the interstate that goes by)
-Safer than many other places to run

It was just...fun. I went around twice. I do believe I could have made it a 3rd time, only the cloudless, sunny sky with ~90 degree weather and ~60% humidity. I got glorious sun, and sweated three times as much as I would have in cooler weather. But it just made me feel like I worked the harder. And it was awesome.

When I finally learned the true distance that I ran, I learned that though I felt I was going slower, I'm still going my same pace. If I can just keep that up with only a little bit of slowing up, then a half marathon is completely doable in the time frame they've set. Whether my lungs and knees can handle it is the big question.

But, wow, do I feel absolutely amazing, physically, at the end of this week. Absolutely amazing.

No comments: