I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Fun at Work--Can't Beat That!

Day 172

I made it. I made it through the first day of the busiest season of the year. (At work.)

I had added to that busyness by having a kick-off teen program. And it was my first official teen program--planned and executed from scratch all by me (and my amazing co-workers).

And it wasn't a failure! We've had so many teen programs that were no-shows. I had hoped for 5, and I got 8 (not counting the two really young relations who also stayed). So not only were our numbers pretty good for our slowly growing YA program, but we all had a blast!! Teens who I'm pretty sure did not know each other at the beginning, were chattering like they were old friends by the end! They didn't have problem talking with we 3 adult librarians, either. They enjoyed the games, but were always excited to try the next. They loved earning points. They loved the prizes offered. They loved the refreshments (the "Dog Chow"). And though none of them really came in costume, they loved the librarians' costumes!

I love it when months of work and planning not only come to a successful fruition, but to an enjoyable one, too!