I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Never Ceasing: Spiritual Uplifts and Answers to Prayers

Day 171

All the stress (minus moving) from before vacation came rushing back today.

It had been rearing it's head throughout the week, but I was too busy to glance at it. Then I made myself have a fabulous day off.

But today, so much flooded in.

And I couldn't let the tears flood out until all meetings and stake choir were over.
Tears as I was attacked by sorrow from:
*missing my family (trips to see family do that)
*knowing my closest relatives will be gone be even further from me in 2 weeks
*realizing that being away from my family--the people who have always meant the most to me--is truly draining me in many ways
*feeling alone
*wondering how in the world I am going to handle this summer (all chaos breaking loose tomorrow)
*doubting (as occasionally happens until I mentally slap myself for being silly and worrying over silly things) my attractiveness and desirability

Of course, that's not to say that I didn't have some great things to the day that kept trying to buoy me up:
*good scripture study
*great talks about the Priesthood from recent General Conference to read in preparation for Relief Society
*feeling really pretty with my In-Honor-of-My-Awesome-Father outfit (Chinese dress, Jade Necklace from Dad, and the Daddy Sandals), good make-up job, and the straight hair (only one comment, so I guess it's no big thing to most church members, but 2 hours and being able to run my fingers through my hair over and over is huge to me!)
*succeeding in only half slaughtering the insane song I'm playing for branch choir
*very good talks in Church with lessons the Lord specifically wanted me to hear
*singing beautiful music in stake choir where I always feel the Spirit
*beans, corn on the cob, and mini chocolate frosted donuts awaiting me at home

But the best thing came after that. After the crying. During the music listening and the food eating (because the lack of protein was making me even more upset than usual). After another plea to heaven. I heard from a friend whom I thought I had greatly hurt and offended, and just didn't know what to do any more concerning our friendship after attempts with no response. And for a worry that had been plaguing me all week, it sure left quickly. Thank you.

I'm so grateful for the Savior's understanding and calming, for Heavenly Father answering our prayers, and for people who follow the Spirit to help answer those prayers.

No comments: