I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Beyond Expectation

Day 175

We have tried over and over to get a school-age storytime to work out. We'd moved around times. We called it different things. But we still never got more than 5. Usually our average was, um, 1.

So when 32 kids (and 11 adults) showed up yesterday for our first school-age storytime of the summer, I was floored. I honestly lost my concentration for the first few minutes as my mind raced through if I could handle all that I had planned with 6 times more than I had expected.

And I did handle. And they looked like they enjoyed themselves. And I enjoyed myself. And I really, really hope they'll keep coming!

What a joy that comes from something which exceeds hopes and expectations! (Don't you think the celestial kingdom will provide such a joy?)

No comments: