I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Looking Good and Feeling Great

Day 174

I will admit it. I like old fashioned swimsuits. Not that I think they are oh-so-flattering. They can be a bit dowdy. But true modesty is flattering. For the last 10 years, I had two suits. One--it had an attached skirt and I wore a tank top over it--lasted me 8 years. I didn't go swimming all that often. It got most of its use in my water aerobics class in my undergraduate years. And the extreme chlorine did a number on it! By the time my roommate was teaching me to dive in the apartment complex pool during my grad years, I had to knot and tie the tank top because it was so loose and stretched out.

When I moved to beach country (even though I'm not really a beach goer) and my new apartment had a pool, I had to get a new swimsuit. I found a business that specifically designed suits and were wonderfully modest--up to the neck, cap sleeves, and shorts down to the knees. It was such a comfortable suit over the last two years. Rarely did I have to worry about showing what I did not want and what should not be shown.

But I've been losing weight and inches in the last 6 months. And while the suit still covers, it's a little loose and bulgy in some places now. Perhaps my wonderful sister guessed that. I don't know. But a week ago, she alerted me to another business that makes slimming suits. And on a general look, many of them are fairly modest, too. Now, there weren't any cap sleeves in the bunch. And nothing all the way up to the neck. But a couple did look nice and modest (for swimsuits. And to find that I fit in a size less than I thought I was....well, I had difficulty just passing up the website.

Yeah. I bought a new swimsuit. It came today.

And for the first time in my life, I actually look really nice (and still modest!) in a swimsuit.





Is that vanity to an extreme? Hmm.... Well, I know that it makes me feel good. So, thanks, sis!