I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Change of Scenery

Day 153

I thought of this plan about a month ago. Today I put it into fruition. See, I can't really run in my new neighborhood. At least, I'm not comfortable doing that, yet. But the neighborhood where I work? I take walks there all the time. So, I thought why not do some running there. And there is plenty of time after most workdays that I could just go when I finish there.

Thus, today after work, I went for a run. A small thing. For some reason my iPod wasn't working. And I'd forgotten a scrunchie, which left my hair flying everywhere (which has its positive points here and there!). But I managed a mile run--and in less time than I typically run a mile. I surprised myself on that. It was fun to see my walking route go by so quickly, and fun to take my walking route at a run. Fun to join in with other runners that I'm always seeing along those streets. And fun to see the clouds rolling in with the lightning bolts beginning.

It was a change from so many things, and I loved it.

No comments: