I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Gospel Message Day 246

Atonement - Enabling Power, Part 2

The Conference talk I was reading today was one that hit home when I first heard it, and did so again today. Elder Pearson gives us 6 principles to consider with Lehi's dream (from the Book of Mormon). All of them are principles that I am always working on in my life, so I like how he used them in reference to the dream. I also love his 3-time repetition of "every day" in regards to searing the Book of Mormon as well as the words of living prophets. I like repetition. I need it. So I enjoy it when our Church leaders use it--it stands out, it is catchy, and it certainly stays in the memory better!

One of the principles was "Press Forward with Faith." And in that section, Elder Pearson said, "without the strengthening and enabling power of the Atonement, it's impossible to stay on the path and endure." I'd not thought of that before, but it makes complete sense and I whole-heartedly agree. This life is tough. I know that quite well. I've had many difficult times in life, some that have lasted years. These last few weeks have been rough, true, but I've had worse. And very likely there is worse somewhere ahead.

But it does not matter how difficult or how long the trial. What matters is that I always rely on my Redeemer and the enabling power of His Atonement which will help me endure whatever comes at me in life.

No comments: