I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Gospel Message Day 244

Gratitude in All Things

I'm sure I've already mentioned the importance of a Gospel-living follower of Christ to be grateful. I'm sure I have. But  then, maybe I haven't but I think I have because this blog has been huge about being grateful and finding the positive in anything.

So, I thought it would be a good thing right now to Pollyanna my most recent trial.

I can be glad and grateful and thus joyful because

*it was the fence, which was vinyl and not wood
*it was not the brick house
*it was not done in any malice toward me specifically
*it is taking time to clean, but it is coming off SO much more easily than I would have expected
*it have given me time to have thoughts to myself as I clean
*it reminded me of how much I am loved and watched over by those here and those beyond
*the rain has held off both times I've been cleaning the fence (and started right after I've finished for the day)
*the police are only two blocks away
*so many people care when they hear and offer their concern and condolences
*it happened on a weekend that I was able to start taking care of it immediately
*this has helped me see in a new light all the other trials and stresses I'm dealing with, and thus help me re-adjust how I'm handling them and attitude and courage I am facing them with
*I remember that my home is dedicated and I trust in the protection that a Priesthood holder pronounced upon me and my home

No comments: