I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Gospel Message Day 239

Millennium, Part 2

So, yesterday's definition from "True to the Faith" really sums up Millennium well! I'm not sure how else to talk about it in my own words. If I were to explain it, it would sound pretty much the same. A time of 1,000 years that will be filled with peace yet work on our part for that "one last time" to share the Gospel. The Millennium will come after Christ has come to Earth the second time. There is the part that there is no death during that time. That those whose time is over on Earth will be changed in the twinkling of an eye. That's a phrase I always enjoyed as a child, as well as the one that came from it: being twinkled. :-) The part about the twinkling comes from Doctrine & Covenants 101:29-31:

And there shall be no sorrow because there is no death.
In that day an infant shall not die until he is old; and his life shall be as the age of a tree;
And when he dies he shall not sleep, that is to say in the earth, but shall be changed in the twinkling of an eye, and shall be caught up, and his rest shall be glorious.
No sorrow because there is no death. Being someone who has always taken hard the death of others especially loved ones, I like the idea of no death. I can handle a twinkle. A twinkle sounds painless and has much more hope. Plus, by that point, I believe my faith in my Savior and the blessings He has promised us after this life will be even stronger because I will have seen Him again by that point. It's not that I fear death. It's that I miss those who have left me behind. But having those promises more firmly in mind will help me remember that I will get to be with them again--and how joyful it will all be!

No comments: