I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Gospel Message Day 235

The Lord in the Details and the Inspirations

So many roads cross when the Lord is making the map. Today had a whole slew of those roads!

*The Relief Society lesson was on the Book of Mormon, and coming home the radio played the Seminary song "For Our Day."



*I had picked today's music for Sacrament meeting almost two months ago. We decided to move the Priesthood number to Father's Day, so this morning I picked a song that might be related to the restoration of the Gospel/restoration of the Priesthood (being a couple days after the anniversary of that event). What I didn't realize until I got to Church was that two other songs I'd picked were all from that section of the hymnbook as well. It was a very Gospel grateful day. :-)

*The General Conference quote on our program was from Elder Bednar's talk about hushing our fears. On the radio, on my way to my service project, the Conference Moment was the same talk. And it completely relates to something I am personally going through, and thoughts I was having in Sunday School. (The next bullet point.)

*Sunday School's lesson dealt with the rich young man not wanting to give up his all in order to inherit the kingdom of God. My Institute teacher always teaches us to find the deeper application. And it came to me as we discussed in class. This totally applies to marriage. No, I am not marriage obsessed, but dating is currently a huge part of my life because I know it's what the Lord wants me to be working on.

And it got me to thinking how the not wanting to give up something for what is better and more of what God wants for us applies to all of us in the dating world. I've been watching how so many (and I'm not trying to push any fault off of me) keep holding on to things that get in the way of their dating successfully. Those things can include unrealistic and/or overly picky ideals they have about a future spouse, habits/interests that occupy more of their time and attention than is good, or the preferred desire to have their "freedom" and be allowed to just run around and "have fun" and not commit to any one. If we could just let go of these things, we would open our lives up to so many great, blessed opportunities that Heavenly Father longs to give us.

But I also want to point out that there is and should be something more important than that dating world. In class I was reminded that even though I need (sometimes force myself) to keep dating in my life, it is not where my first and foremost focus should be. That focus is still coming unto Christ. In my prayers, and scripture study, and Gospel study, and missionary opportunities. If I work on coming unto Christ first, and keep myself open to the dating stuff, and hush my fears related to it all, then all will come together as the Lord wants for me.

No comments: