I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Gospel Message Day 232

God-given talents

So, I'm not near to my Gospel topic slips, thus I'm winging the topic right now. Today I thought I'd blog on something a little different but I still think is Gospel related. I'm currently at my state's annual library conference. I love attending things like this because it is a great way to re-charge from all that drains me at work and reminds me why I became a librarian in the first place. Today as I was listening and participating, I was reminded not just of where/how I could improve, but of some of the strengths and talents that I began my library career with. They have improved and been strengthened with time, and I have found many ways to use them. Most especially, I have been able to better serve people because of those strengths and talents.

I am a believer that Heavenly Father has blessed us with our strengths and talents, and that with His help we can improve upon them. I believe they are like spiritual gifts, and that we are better able to help, support, and serve others because of those talents. So I am especially grateful that early on in my life, the Lord inspired me to see a possible career path that would allow me to use some of my talents and skills at a great capacity which almost daily lets me help others. There are two "jobs" I would rather have, but they are not available to me at this time. Thus, I'm really glad that the next best option for me was one that truly makes me so happy and fulfilled.

Heavenly Father knows His children. He knows what will make us happy. What will bring us joy. And what will help us help others as well. Never more do I see this than in my job, and in our opportunities as members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

No comments: