I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Gospel Message Day 242

The Steadiness of the Atonement

I lost it in front of my choir today. We're practicing "My Kindness Shall Not Depart from Thee" to sing in June. And even if they're still just learning it, the power in the music and in those words is still there. And while it may be one of my favorite songs and my go-to during difficult times and have listened to it hundreds of time, this song never fails to strike straight to my core and touch my spirit as if it was the first time I heard these comforting, reassuring words.

So, there I was trying to conduct the song. My eyes were filled with tears. I couldn't see the words or the music. I couldn't look up into the faces of my choir members. It was embarrassing, but it was a needed moment of comfort and healing. I know there will be many more to come. Because as the character John Newton said in the film Amazing Grace: "God sometimes does His work with gentle drizzle, not storms. Drip. Drip. Drip." And I think that accessing the Atonement some times works the same way. One drop at a time. But even though the gentle drizzle seems small, it is not. It is slow. It is steady. But it is extremely strong and powerful.

No comments: