I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Friday, May 15, 2015

Gospel Message Day 233

Another Mother Post

That's what happens when your mother's birthday always falls in the week following Mother's Day. We have a whole week of being reminded to step back and reflect an how amazing Mother of Me is. I don't need just the week to remind me. For I remember on my own when I go to work. When I sing. When I hear/sing "I Stand All Amazed." When I play the piano. When I read. When I hear my mother's laugh come out of me. When I think of Nauvoo. When I hear a story from Church History. When someone talks about Seminary. When I see a stuffed toy sheep. When someone talks about their hearing aids. When I put my contacts in. When I take the effort to dress well. When I study the scriptures. When I live the Gospel.

Every day I find something in my life that reminds me of the amazing mother I shall have for eternity. I don't deserve her. And she certainly didn't deserve the hell (yes, hell) that I put her through as when I was a child and even worse when I was a teenager. But I told you my mother is amazing. She loved me in spite of it. She somehow held on to patience. She didn't leave me, abandon me, forsake me, or anything--even though countless times I'm sure I deserved that.

One of the greatest ways I have been able to come to know my Savior is because my mother has done her best to be a type of Him, and to give Christlike love to me. And I think she succeeds pretty well at that.

No comments: