I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Gospel Message Day 229

Temple Work for Self

I've already blogged on the topics of Temple Ordinances and Family History (which leads to temple work for the dead), so now I get to talk of temple work for one's self. Even though I kind of already have. In the temple, the ordinances performed are what we call saving ordinances. So when we first enter the temple--not as unendowed, temple-worthy, recommend-holding members, but when we are ready to receive our own endowment, we make the covenants for ourselves first. We take the Savior's hand and together with Him we walk a little closer to our salvation.

I will never forget that day in my life. It was one of the most important of my life. I love and am grateful for all the times I get to perform temple ordinances for those who have already passed on. Especially family members. And for the reminders and spiritual impressions I receive every time I attend the temple. But nothing will ever be like that first time I covenanted with my Father in the House of the Lord.

No comments: