I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Gospel Message Day 224

Topic Detour: My Savior, Still There

It's always a bit of a conundrum when (by current preferred choice) one is living alone, and then they are sick. Because there is the relief that no one can see you look as awful as you do. Or hear you in pain. Or be annoyed that you are moving your sick self all around the house.

But then you don't want to be alone. You want someone to take care of you. To sympathize. To love you.

I miss my mother. And my sister. And long for my best friend.

But though none of them are present, I'll be fine. Because even though I was crying out from waves of pain, I somehow started to sing (in gasps) one of my favorite "I'm going through a hard time, Lord" songs, which has always brought me comfort since the Darkest Days of My Life eight years ago. There's no way you can read this blog and not know what the song is.


And as I sang, and thought of how so much seems to be going wrong and falling apart, and started to cry out in an entirely different kind of pain as tears mingled with the singing, I knew even more that I am not alone. That my Savior's kindness still has not departed from me. Nothing--no man, no emotion, no illness, no any thing can hurt me because the Savior has never and will never leave me. Tears of pain began to include tears of gratitude and joy and faith. It was a rather sacred experience.

The Savior's Everlasting Kindness. I have a very firm testimony about that. It is unshakeable. As is my Lord's love for and blessings toward me.

No comments: