I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Gospel Message Day 221

Gospel Contemplating

I'm taking a break from the current topic to address something that's been on my mind because it is currently my main trial: Patience! Trust! And pixie dust. Ha ha! Of course, I am kidding. But the first two for sure. And if I have to add a third, it would be faith--in my self.

The main trial is certainly not a difficult one. I mean, I've been through similar ones before, and others were much more painful. This current one is more frustrating because it is me trying to fight how I've been or what I've done in the past. I've had many lessons in the last couple of years and I'm trying to apply what I've learned. So it's new territory for me, and it isn't easy! Especially as I'm constantly second guessing absolutely everything I'm doing.

Throughout all of these trials--in the past and current--I've always kept the Lord involved. Because there is no way I could do this without Him. So while I always try to trust my Savior and have faith in His ways and patience in His timing, I also have to learn to have patience with myself, faith in my efforts, and trust that I am learning, improving, and on the right course. Not easy is an understatement.  And slightly frustrating certainly applies. The only way I know how to move forward in this is 1) trust the Lord more. I've never been wrong there, and He will help me learn what I need to about myself and what I'm doing. This will also increase the patience that I need. 2) Pray, pray, pray. 3) Focus on the spiritual part of my life. It's always the most important part as it is. It's the only thing I have full control over. And it's where I want my main focus to be any way. 4) Continue to remember how much my life is amazingly blessed and wonderful. There is so much to be happy about. So much to celebrate. So I'll continue to sing, dance, laugh, and twirl my way through life. It is the best way.

No comments: