I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Gospel Message Day 220

Gifts of the Spirit, Part 6

Here are the next 3 on the list:

*Work Mighty Miracles

*Prophesy concerning all things

*Beholding of angels and ministering spirits

Well, all three seem pretty self-explanatory. I'm trying to think of examples either from my life or in the scriptures or Church History. In scriptures, I would say that Moses certainly worked mighty miracles. All those plagues. And parting the sea. But biggest of all--saving an entire people! I think he was able to accomplish these miracles because of faith and righteousness and obedience. I'm seeing a pattern here! The Lord will accomplish His work no matter what, but He needs His servants on earth to help bring it about. A slothful, whiny, un-dedicated servant is not going to get much done. But a focused, hard-working, faithful, obedient servant can bring about those miracles.

Prophets from all dispensations are given the gift to prophesy--because that is their role!

I think Joseph Smith was blessed with the 3rd gift. During his years of training as he was prepared to translate the Book of Mormon, he was visited by so many angels as part of that tutoring. And these visitations, visions, ministerings, etc continued for the rest of his life.


No comments: