I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Gospel Message Day 227

Rough Journeys

Some days are just rough. Some times it is weeks. Or longer. For me, it is often an accumulation of many small, rough things that lead to a very rocky road. Those small things by themselves seem silly that they should be causing any trouble. But it you put enough small rocks in the road, that road will be bumpy and difficult to pass. But pass it I will because the Lord has reassured me that there will be smoother spots along the way, and that the rough spots will be worth it, and that the end of the road will be a most glorious and joyful destination. In the mean time, how my spiritual vehicle is doing on that rough road is up to me. Am I giving it the fuel, care, and maintenance it needs? Do I have spiritual spare tires available to use if those rough patches cause a moment of flat tire?

I'm used to this road of mine. I love the smooth patches. I've gotten used to the fact that there are rough patches. Though I'll admit that there are occasions when I cry or complain over those rough patches. Yet I know it's a part of my road and I'll get through.

But today I was reminded of something that is absolutely wonderful about this trip along my journey on this road. I am not alone. I know that Christ is my navigator--holding the map and telling me the directions. But there are others. Brothers and sisters (physically and spiritually) who are with me. And once in a while I remember that they can help. And that help, support, kindness, reassurance, and encouragement along the road--both in the smooth and in the rough places--is one of the best parts about the journey.

No comments: