I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Gospel Message Day 155

Atonement - Pains & Afflictions, Part 2

So, here is the scripture that I love which relates to the topic. Alma 7:11-13:

And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.

And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Now the Spirit knoweth all things; nevertheless the Son of God suffereth according to the flesh that he might take upon him the sins of his people, that he might blot out their transgressions according to the power of his deliverance; and now behold, this is the testimony which is in me.

 I'm pretty sure I talked about this subject during my Christmas Advent. I think I shared some past experiences. Today I have a current experience to share. I learned some wonderful, fabulous news today. News that I've been preparing myself for the last couple of years, and which I actually expected within the last couple of weeks. And even though I am thrilled and excited and full of joy and have been trying to prepare myself for the last few years, this was not something I ever expected in my life. Or, at least for the last 22 years. Tears from such feelings that I'm experiencing are very confused, but I know they are not long lasting. They'll pass after a couple of times. And life will move on and have added awesomeness to it.

Now, I don't think my Savior ever went through anything exactly like this situation. But I believe He might understand some disappointment in self. When He was growing up, maybe He experienced what it was like to not have things turn out the way He hoped. There were possibly times He felt left behind. I know that there were times He felt alone. And with that, He probably often felt like no one fully understood what He was going through. And yet, I'm sure Jesus also knew that He wasn't truly alone. His Father was behind Him, supporting Him, loving Him. So I know that because of His experiences, He really does know how to help me find peace and move on from the pain--if only I'll do my part to use the power of the Atonement to access His help.

(And for immediate help, in case you're worried about me, tonight He sent along a friend who listened. I'm going to be just fine.)

No comments: