I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Gospel Message Day 153

Atonement - Pains & Afflictions

There are different aspects of the Atonement, so when I created the topic slips, I broke it down into a few of those aspects. This topic is one that is very close to my heart. I have a deeply rooted, strong testimony of the Savior's Atonement where my pain and afflictions are concerned. Through the Atonement, I have found peace during some of my darkest days. I have received the light of hope when I was surrounded by darkness. I always knew that even though I felt alone, I never was. The Savior was always there to lean on, offering comfort for my pain that He knew of firsthand.

Can't talk about this topic without sharing music. So for the first day on this topic, here is one we're working on in the Sterling Singers right now:


And lyrics for you with particular attention to the 3rd verse because even in all the sorrow from our trials we have so much to gain and a merciful God who will not abandon us.

Thou gracious God, whose mercy lends
the light of home, the smile of friends,
our gathered flock thine arms enfold
as in the peaceful days of old.

Wilt thou not hear us while we raise
in sweet accord of solemn praise
the voices that have mingled long
in joyous flow of mirth and song?

For all the blessings life has brought,
for all its sorrowing hours have taught,
for all we mourn, for all we keep,
the hands we clasp, the loved that sleep.

The noontide sunshine of the past,
these brief, bright moments fading fast,
the stars that gild our darkening years,
the twilight ray from holier spheres.

We thank thee, Father; let thy grace
our loving circle still embrace,
thy mercy shed its heavenly store,
thy peace be with us evermore.



Words: Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr., 1869
Music: Wareham

No comments: