I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know who I am. I know God's plan. I'll follow him in faith. I believe in the Savior, Jesus Christ. I'll honor his name. I'll do what is right; I'll follow his light. His truth I will proclaim.

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

I Know that My Redeemer Lives!

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Gospel Message Day 139

Gathering the House of Israel

Seriously? Wow. OK. Where to begin? The first thing that comes to mind is missionary work. But there is more to this topic than that (plus, I'm pretty sure that is a topic that has yet to be picked). I think for today, I'm going to start the topic off with a song that often comes to mind when I think of the gathering of Israel. Tomorrow I hope to give more scriptural accounts to talk of the subject.

The most important thing that I can begin with however, is stating that gathering the House of Israel is one of the greatest, most important responsibilities we have as members of Christ's church. It is not to be taken lightly. It cannot be ignored. It happens on both sides of the veil--work for us to do with those living now, and work for us to do for those who have already died. The work will not end until the Savior comes, and as His coming draws closer, our time to do this work gets less and less. We cannot shirk or neglect. Because those people need us. And we need them.


No comments: